Sunday, April 26, 2009

Review – VU Live House (Drum and Bass Party)

This relatively new venue is a real treat. It’s size is small enough to be intimate, but large enough to accomadate a crowd. It’s tastefully decorated and has a great vibe. I was especially impressed with the FREE tables. It was a pleasant change from the elitism of paying a fortune for the privelege of sitting down. But this is just an overview of the venue… I expect it was the event that made it special.

In a town ruled largely by Top-40’s hiphop, the show was a fantastic change of pace. Very talented DJs were spinning great DnB beats all night. Mixed with an all you can drink bar, it made dancing an absolute necessity. The laser show was fantastic, especially when the smoke machines went into overdrive, and playing Ninja Scroll on all the club TVs is near and dear to my heart.

The crowd at this particular event was foreign, friendly and there for a good time. There were few locals at this particular event, which was a real shame, because they missed out on a great time. The company available was good, though. It was obvious the crowd had a passion for the music, and everyone had a great time.

For a taste of something different, I will definitely keep my eye on this place. If this is representative of VU Livehouse’s level of quality, I will keep it in my regular roster of venues whenever I’m looking for something fresh, new and exciting. I think you should, too.

Sincerely,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment